Wednesday 22nd of November 2017 6:40:57 PM

Tax Debt Relief

  • Tax Questions and Answers

    Wednesday 16th of April 2014 12:40:23 PM


    Tax questions are the most tricky to answer, specially when your asking friends that don’t know the facts.  It is very tricky to answer specifically when you don’t know the right answer.  You can Google and find the right answers to your tax questions, but ultimately there’s always different answers being given.  That’s why we took our time to ask our specialize reps to get you some of the toughest Tax Questions answered.  Here are some of them.

    Can’t I handle the IRS by myself?

    Recently the National Taxpayer Advocate reported that nearly one quarter of all offer in compromise requests that were submitted to the IRS were rejected due to inaccuracies while filing. Sadly, the remaining Offer in compromise requests that were at first accepted later became rejected for the same reason.

    Can the IRS forcefully collect money from me?

    Yes! If you owe the IRS money they can and often will file a federal tax lien against all your assets. The IRS will also levy your bank accounts along with wage garnishments. They can seize your home, cars, investments, business, and retirement funds or just about anything else that is of value.

    The IRS is staffed with more than 18,000 collection agents and that number increases daily! The IRS won’t stop until your tax liability is paid off. The experts at know how to deal with the IRS so you don’t have to!

    What if I can’t afford to pay the IRS?

    First begin by taking the free tax evaluation to determine where you stand financially. A tax professional will go over all the available options you have. You may be surprised at how little you may be able to settle your IRS tax debt.

    How much will this cost me?

    If you find yourself in need of tax relief the first step is a FREE tax evaluation. Based on what is assessed the fees vary according to what services are needed. Prior to retaining our services there is no obligation whatsoever.

    If you find yourself in a financial crisis feel confident that will work with you. We understand that from time to time people have financial troubles. Don’t feel discouraged, we will work around it. is here for you.

    How long will it take to get Tax Relief?

    Because every situation is different there is no standard time to gain tax relief. It all depends on how complicated your tax relief problem is. Every case is different. The experts at will work diligently on your behalf to quickly solve your IRS tax debt.

    We have been dealing with IRS tax debt problems for years. There is no case to big for us to handle. Feel confident when choosing that your case will become a priority.

    Do I have to come to your office?

    Although is located in California we handle cases Nationwide! You do not have to come to our offices for us to handle your IRS tax debt case. In fact most customers handle everything by phone, email or mail.

    Also, most clients think that they must meet with the IRS in person but that is not true. The IRS is too busy to meet with every client in person. Due to that as soon as takes on your case we handle all IRS communications.

    Are back taxes dischargeable in bankruptcies?

    Back taxes may not always be discharged in bankruptcies. The only type of taxes that are eligible for discharge are personal income taxes. Even then there is a meticulous threshold test that personal income taxes must pass prior to being considered for discharge.

    For back taxes that do not qualify for discharge can be paid off through an offer in compromise or other method of settlement through the IRS. The tax experts at can go over all the options available to you.


    The tax professionals at have been working on cases like this for many years. We know how to properly approach the IRS so that we can help abolish or reduce tax liability.

    For immediate assistance call toll free 1-866-499-1156 Mon-Fri 6am-6pm to speak to one of our professional tax experts and get a FREE tax evaluation so we can better serve your tax relief needs.

  • Don’t Forget to Claim the Energy Credit on Your TAXES!

    Thursday 10th of April 2014 11:15:15 AM


    NEW YORK (MainStreet) — The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 extended the lifetime $500 “Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit” for qualified energy efficiency improvements or residential energy property costs for your primary principal residence for two years. So you can still claim a tax credit for a qualified energy-efficient purchases made in 2013.

    If you claimed at least $500 in energy tax credits on your 2006 through 2012 returns, you are not eligible for a credit for 2013. If you claimed $300 in energy credits over the years, the most you can claim in 2013 is $200.

    The credit is available for –

    Biomass Stoves
    Heating Ventilating, Air Conditioning (Advanced Main Air Circulating Fan, Air Source Heat Pumps, Central Air Conditioning, Gas, Propane, or Oil Hot Water Boiler, and Natural Gas, Propane or Oil Furnace)
    Roofs (Metal and Asphalt)
    Water Heaters (Gas, Propane or Oil Water Heater, and Electric Heat Pump Water Heater)
    Windows and Doors

    Not every new window, door, boiler, heater, or furnace will qualify. There are very specific “energy efficiency” requirements for each of the qualifying items. You can go to the Energy Star website to find out what the specific qualifications are for individual items.

  • EU VAT: the new mini one-stop shop

    Thursday 03rd of April 2014 2:58:05 PM


    The mini one stop shop – or MOSS – has been created by the new EU VAT rules. The plan as set out in the EU’s VAT Directive is to have a MOSS available in each of the 28 EU member states.


    Why create the mini one-stop shop?

    The MOSS system was created as the EU authorities realised that it would be an administrative nightmare for companies to deal with all 28 EU tax authorities. The MOSS system, therefore, allows a company to choose one tax authority to register with. The company files its quarterly returns and declares all its B2C sales in the EU. The selected tax authority will then proceed to distribute the relevant VAT to the other EU member states where B2C sales took place.

    Who operates the MOSS?
    A company with broadcasting, telecommunications or electronic services B2C sales in the EU must register with one member state’s MOSS. This member state is known as the Member State of Identification (MSI). The MSI controls their own MOSS thus collecting and distributing VAT to other member states based on the amount of e-service sales there. Once registered the MSI does the rest. For example, if you register with the UK MOSS and you have e-service sales in France, Germany and Belgium then the UK tax authorities will distribute the VAT due to the French, German and Belgian tax authorities on your company’s behalf.

    So, when registered, what information must be provided to the MOSS?
    As already stated quarterly returns must be filed with the selected MOSS. The tax authority does the rest in relation to distributing the correct VAT to the correct EU member state. Once registered with a MOSS the company does not have to worry about this which is a great weight off their shoulders in pure compliance terms.

    Anything else?
    When a non-EU company registers with a MOSS they will receive a VAT Identification number. EU companies continue to use their existing VAT numbers and can use a web portal for registration.

    UK applications for their MOSS will be accepted from October 2014.
    Registration will take effect in the first quarter after an application. Applications in February 2015 will be registered from April 2015; applications in May 2015 will be registered from July 2015, etc.

    Can I opt out?
    The new EU VAT rules also make allowances for de-registration. If a decision is made to de-register then the company must inform their selected tax authority (or member state of identification) 15 days before the end of the calendar quarter. Once de-registered a company cannot use the MOSS for two calendar quarters thereafter. Remember, registration with the MOSS is optional. It is, though, highly recommended. If you have sales in numerous EU member states then it is preferable to have one return rather than declaring in several EU tax jurisdictions.

    The tax authority in the UK, HM Revenue & Customs, have allowed registration with their MOSS from October. This is a sensible undertaking as it is an attempt to avoid a bottleneck of registrations come January 1, 2015 when the new EU VAT rules kick in. In his Budget 2014 speech the Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne revealed the introduction of the UK MOSS and outlined just how important a service it can be for companies that decide to register.

  • Breaking News: Decision in the Loving v. IRS appeal

    Wednesday 02nd of April 2014 3:14:54 PM


    The United States Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, today rejected the IRS appeal in the case of Loving v. IRS in which three independent tax return preparers argued that the IRS had overstepped its authority when implementing the Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) program.
    The RTRP program was created to regulate paid tax preparers other than those already under Circular 230′s regulatory structure such as Enrolled Agents, certified public accountants and attorneys. The program required other paid preparers to register with the IRS, pass a competency test and complete specified continuing education annually.
    CSEA has been covering this story since the original District Court ruling in early 2013. Readers will recall that the ruling in favor of the plaintiff, by the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on January 18, 2013, effectively stopped the IRS from implementing its RTRP program. The IRS filed a motion to suspend the Court-ordered injunction, which was quickly countered by a cleverly crafted memorandum from the plaintiff opposing the defendant’s motion. Just days later, on February 1, 2013, the Court responded to the IRS’ motion to suspend the injunction with a resounding “motion denied”. Now a year later, the Court of Appeals made its final ruling on the matter.

    The Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit today concluded that:

    “The precise question is whether the IRS’s statutory authority to ‘regulate the practice of representatives of persons before the Department of the Treasury’ encompasses authority to regulate tax-return preparers. The District Court ruled against the IRS, relying on the text, history, structure, and content of the statute. We agree with the District Court that the IRS’s statutory authority under Section 330 cannot be stretched so broadly as to encompass authority to regulate tax-return preparers. We therefore affirm the judgment of the District Court.”

    The appeal court examined six considerations when coming to this decision specifically: the meaning of the key statutory term “representatives”; the meaning of the phrase “practice…before the Department of the Treasury”; the history of Section 330; the broader statutory framework; the nature and scope of the authority being claimed by the IRS; and finally, the IRS’s past approach to this statue. (see case here):

    As the Court of Appeals stated:

    “It might be that allowing the IRS to regulate tax-return preparers more stringently would be wise as a policy matter. But that is a decision for Congress and the President to make if they wish by enacting new legislation. The “role of this court is to apply the statue as it is written – even if we think some other approach might accord with good policy.”

  • What To Do If You Get a Tax Bill From the IRS!

    Wednesday 26th of March 2014 1:09:58 PM


    If the IRS sends you a tax bill instead of a refund check don’t panic, there are several ways to manage this and it does not have to be a nightmare for your personal finances.

    Sometimes people pay fewer taxes during the year than they are supposed to and that is why the IRS comes back with a bill, but don’t panic. A bill from the IRS does not have to be scary. You just have to manage it like any other part of your finances. Taxpayers have several options. Consider the following:


    -You can pay the taxes with a credit card. According to credit card experts such as, in the current credit environment people with a higher than average credit score could get a credit card with 0% interest rate for more than a year and hundreds of dollars in rewards if they pick the right card.

    -It is also possible to call the IRS and establish a payment plan that allows you to pay the tax bill over a period of time up to 6 years. However, the IRS will charge an annual 3% rate for financing the debt. Though 3% is a low rate, it is not better than the 0% deal you can get with a good reward credit card if you have a great credit score and can get approved for one.

    -Getting a reward card can be a strategic move for your finances. A reward card is not the usual credit card most people have in their wallets. A reward card can become a cash generator for you if you manage to use it the right way.

    -After paying the tax bill with the card, focus only on paying the balance as fast as possible or within the 0% introductory period the card provides. That way you won’t pay any financing charges.

    -Once the tax bill is paid and you have a credit card ready to use for other expenses, change your behavior and whatever you spend during the month pay it in full at the end of each period. That way you won’t pay finance charges and you will also accumulate miles or rewards. You can use the rewards in many ways such as purchasing from your favorite stores or to pay for airline tickets or hotels.

    -Credit Cards with rewards can generate more benefits than costs.
    If you don’t have the credit score to get a reward card ,the best way to pay the tax bill is by establishing a payment plan with the IRS. You just have to wait until you get the bill in the mail and call the IRS to negotiate a monthly payment. The IRS is quite flexible as they want you to pay. You may have to pay a fee to establish the plan and start paying the next month.


    Our tax experts have many years of experience dealing with the IRS. We have helped plenty of clients with their tax problems. We can provide you with professional, aggressive representation in dealing with the IRS to help you solve your tax problems! Call toll free 1-866-499-1156 Mon-Fri 6am-6pm to speak to one of our professional tax experts and get a FREE evaluation so we can better serve your tax relief needs.

  • ID Theft and Tax Refund Fraud-A Growing IRS Problem

    Tuesday 18th of March 2014 10:29:40 AM


    A recent government report shows just how big and nearly out of control ID theft and tax refund fraud issues are for the IRS. A recent  article titled: “Tax Refund ID Theft is Growing ‘epidemic’: U.S. IRS watchdog” cites a the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report illuminating the increase in stolen names and Social Security numbers that scammers use to file phony electronic tax forms for IRS refunds.


    The article focuses on the following important information from the TIGTA reports:

    • More Americans’ identities were stolen in tax refund crimes in the first six months of 2013 than in all of 2012
    • About 1.6 million Americans were victims of ID theft/tax refund crimes in 2013 through June, up from 1.2 million taxpayers in all of 2012.
    • While the number of frauds has risen, the report shows the total federal revenue lost to these crimes has decreased. In 2011, the government lost $3.6 billion in potentially fraudulent tax refunds, down from $5.2 billion in 2010.
    • ID thieves are increasingly working from abroad. In 2011, someone using a single mailing address in Lithuania made more tax filings with fraudulent Social Security numbers than any single U.S. address. The report provides two examples: A Lithuanian address received $220,489 in fraudulent IRS refunds; an address in Shanghai received $156,533.


    If you owe more than $10,000 in back taxes, have received an audit letter or are under audit, you need to hire a certified tax resolution specialist  who is accustomed to dealing with the IRS. This tax pro can properly organize your records and help negotiate an IRS Payment Plan so your IRS problems become a thing of the past.

    Fill out our Simple form at

  • Fast Track Settlement Program Now Available Nationwide:

    Thursday 07th of November 2013 4:17:23 PM


    The IRS announced the nationwide Fast Track Settlement streamlined program, designed to enable small businesses under audit to more quickly settle their differences with the IRS.



    Check it out for more info regarding this blog.  HERE

  • Money Advice & Trustred Reviews

    Wednesday 30th of October 2013 5:06:18 PM


    Captain Money Can Help You!


    Check out they specialize in

    -Debt Help

    -Tax Relief



    -Credit Report

    -Credit Card Comparison

    Discovering the BEST Financial Companies such as and other trusted sites.  Super Power your finances!


  • Resolving the IRS tax debt issues – Your options

    Thursday 26th of September 2013 1:19:43 PM


    IRS tax debt is one of the most dreaded problems. However, there is nothing to fear and you can get the problem solved. For that, it would be better for you to discuss the situation with the IRS, rather than avoiding them. In addition, you can also get help from a tax debt resolution attorney or tax help agency. A tax debt help agency can guide you in solving the tax debt issues, without you having to go through the hassles.

    There are various ways through which you can try paying down the tax debts if your own. These are:

    1. Offer in Compromise – Offer in Compromise is the option through which you can settle the amount that is to be paid to the IRS. In this case, you would be required to make a lump sum payment to the creditor. The IRS may agree to your settlement request, if they realize that you would not be able to make the payments in full, even if they put lien against your property or assets.


    1. Installment payment agreement – If you do not have the ability to make the tax payments in full, you can request the IRS to allow you installment payments. This is a form of monthly payment plan, which requires you to pay as per your affordability and that too, in small amounts. Thus, it becomes easier to pay down your IRS tax debt.


    1. Currently not collectible – This is the option for those who really cannot manage to make any payments at present. Under this option, the IRS doesn’t require you to make payments for a certain period, like a year or may be more. This period is known as “Currently not Collectible” period. So, you aren’t actually required to make any payments to the IRS within this time limit.


    1. Partial payment installment agreement – This is a form of tax debt management program where you don’t simply get to ame installment payments. You get the additional advantage of making installment payment on a part of the debt. However, this is a long term payment plan, which is outlined by the IRS, to help you make the payments on tax debts in case you are low on affordability.


    1. Penalty reprieve – When you fail to make the payments on tax debts, the IRS charges penalty. Thus, when you will be making the tax debt payments, it is not only the tax debt amount that you will be required to pay. You will also be required to make the penalty payments on the taxes. However, if the IRS agrees to offer you this option, you would not be required to make the penalty payments.


    1. Getting reprieve through bankruptcy – If you are planning to file bankruptcy, in some cases, the tax debts can be discharged through the same. Although, not all of the tax debts can be discharged through the same. However, it is better to avoid filing bankruptcy, as it has a bad effect on your credit.

    The above are the options through which you can manage to pay down your tax debts. The other option is getting help from a tax debt attorney. They can help you and offer you advice on solving the debt issues, as they are more knowledgeable.

    Author Bio: Amy Lewis is a financial writer and expert in dealing with financial matters. She loves to contribute write ups based on finance to various websites and blogs in order to help people struggling with financial worries. She is associated with OVLG for quite some time. To know more on how to solve debt issues and other such debt problems, you may visit




  • How the IRS Collects What’s Owed to them!!

    Tuesday 17th of September 2013 2:43:22 PM


    These are just a few harsh ways the IRS collects money owed! Don’t let your tax debt get to this level, it is often very expensive and hard to reverse!

    Wage Garnishment
    This is by far the most financially devastating collection action the IRS can impose on a person or business. Furthermore, the wage garnishment can stay in effect until the entire tax is fully paid.

    UnfiledTax Returns
    This is extremely common and one area the IRS is really cracking down on. Some taxpayers fail to file tax returns due to the fact they do not have the money to pay the balance due on the tax return. What most people are unaware of is that willfully not filing a tax return is illegal, plus there are many reasons for the timely filing of tax returns, such as the IRS can impose a penalty of up to 25% of the tax due on a late tax return.

    IRS Tax Liens
    The IRS can collect back taxes by levying on taxpayers’ property by instituting a tax lien. If a person or business has a back tax balance with the IRS, the IRS can impose a federal tax lien on assets after meeting statutory requirements. An IRS tax lien is a powerful collections tool as it can attach all rights, title and interest of the taxpayer. Once the IRS moves forward, the IRS can easily enforce the said tax lien by administratively levying assets.

    IRS Payroll Taxes & Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
    The IRS does not play games when these type of taxes are owed.
    Congress enacted the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Statute to push for immediate payment of withheld and other collected payroll taxes by allowing the IRS to assert a liability against responsible third parties [IRC 6672].

    Again, these are just a few options that may be available to you. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime at toll free no. 1-866-499-1156 or visit our website at


Page 3 of 11«12345»10...Last »